The Graduate Programme 'The Economic Impact of Digital Transformation' and the Graduate College 'The Economics of Innovative Change' (GSBC-EIC) , Germany, organized the 16th Summer Academy on „Innovation, Digitalization and Sustainability“. From July 17 till 29 we welcomed internal and external PhD students for two weeks of intense courswork, but also new inspiration.
The Summer School is integrated in the interdisciplinary environment of the Jena Schumpeter Center for Research on Socio-Economic Change. During the past editions, the Summer Academy has proved to be one of the most inspiring gathering worldwide for what concerns the novel fields of economic research related to innovation, entrepreneurship, economic evolution, and methodological approaches. Over the years, highly distinguished scholars provided the participants with outstanding lectures at the very frontier of scientific research.
The aim of the Summer Academy is to create an environment that brings senior researchers and PhD students closer together, supporting and promoting the start of new projects by organized group works, studies and unique collaborations. Therefore, it represents the best occasion for young researchers to experience a fascinating “guided tour” to high quality research.
In 2022, the Summer Academy lasted for two weeks.
We started with the opening lecture on Sunday, July 17th at 5pm. (Rosensäle)
- 20.7.2022 Julian Kauk (FSU Jena) :"#flattenthecurve: Modelling the diffusion and containment of misinformation in social networks via epidemic models"
- 27.7.2022 Hendrik Huthoff (FSU Jena) "Mental health"
Courses were given by:
- Gerlinde Fellner-Röhling (WU Vienna) "Digital Markets and Strategies"
- Tabea Bucher-Koenen (University of Mannheim, ZEW) "Financial Literacy"
- Data Literacy Group of the FSU Jena "The Road to Reproducibility in Science"
- Antonia Köster (University of Potsdam) "Societal Impacts of Technology”
- Frédérique Bone (SPRU) "Artificial intelligence Technology, Industry and practical applications"
- Dennis Elversberg de (FSU Jena) "Socio-Ecological Mentalities: Opportunities and Hurdles to Post-fossil Transformations"
GK EIC courses